Friday 27 February 2009

Rabbit Stew for Tea




Just a couple of photos of the girls to prove that they really are on a working holiday and that Lisa has indeed faced her demons (made worse by Meg recommending she watch Black Sheep as it was filmed nearby and she SAID it was really funny - it was a gruesome, low budget movie about genetically modified sheep. Lisa is no longer scared of cows).

It has been a lovely day with lots of sunshine and warm temperatures, which have been missing for a while. This inspired the menfolk of our small community in Beech Street to go rabbit hunting. Unfortunately they got the truck stuck somewhere fairly inaccessible. Kate and I had enjoyed a glass or two of wine so were unable to assist, Billy's too far away and as I go to press, there is no news on their current predicament. I imagine Finn and Max will be gnawing on still warm rabbits and fashioning some kind of furry outfit to keep warm.

I personally had a very pleasant day - 40km bike ride with the nice fuel stop at the airport. Lot of action there as the RNZAF have lots of wee yellow planes and new recruits training. Sort of a baby Top Gun. I enjoyed coffee on the deck watching the action.

Spook finally starts the 4on/40ff on Sunday and now wonders what on earth he will do with 4 days off every week - with no shed! I will be able to give him some hints on frittering time away.

I am hoping to go to the Cromwell Races on Sunday and will have to go without him now . Wonder if I will need a fancy hat.

No comments: