Wednesday 29 September 2010

Dangerous Flowers.

No photo's as Spook took the camera and the other one has run out of batteries. I think Meg and I have run out of batteries too.
We planned a clean up last night, but both of us carefully skirted around the subject until we safely could see that neither wanted to do it. It has been a long month of helping out at events, work, school and some extracurricular cleaning of caravans. So the best we managed was a wee tidy up of the surfaces, and not the full-on gutting that Meg has requested.
I decided the lilies had finally had it. They have filled the living room with their magnificent scent since The Big Weekend, and managed to make us look a bit posher. I took a wee sniff on the way out just to see if there was anything left worth wafting about, but it was gone.
I'd got the tea cooked and washing folded by the time I bumped into Meg again who looked at me with horror. "What on earth have you done to your face?" I knew I had done nothing to my face and was a bit offended at her inability to cope with my appearance. I looked in the mirror and noticed a shocking resemblance to what my son might look in a few years, and indeed, if the menopausal state really does continue in the way that has so far, I will look like too. I had a full ginger moustache!! It looked particularly gross as it had filled ever nook and cranny - nay crevice - on my upper lip. A wave of shock swept down to my toes as I thought I must have spent the entire day at work like this. Then I remembered the sniff of the lily. It was the pollen from the stamen.
Spook will be home for lunch today, and with the computer half on the blink, the back door light blown the minute he left, the wood pile getting low, the grass needing cut, and a couple of tricky items on the homework agenda, we will be more than pleased to see him. xx

No comments: